The quiz questions are taken from:
The online learning pages focus on the important topics within worms, flies and lice and offer two approaches to learning: structured reading and question and answer.
We also welcome suggested questions for the quiz, (either reply on the ParaBoss News email if you are subscribed or use Contact Us, at the bottom of the web page).
Answers and links to further information are provided below the image.
1. What do you call the figures a ram breeder would supply at their sale for you to see the worm resistance of each ram?
2. What application methods can be used for applying chemicals to control flystrike and which one should only be used for emergency flystrike treatment?
3. When purchasing sheep what factors about the origin of the sheep, or the sheep themselves, increase the risk that the purchased sheep will have lice?
Worm Egg Count Australian Sheep Breeding Value or WEC ASBV.
The most common application methods are hand jetting, automatic jetting races, spray ons and plunge or shower dipping.
Dipping should only be regarded as an emergency flystrike treatment.
1. They are from a high risk source property, which has one or more of these
2. The sheep themselves are high risk introductions because
3. They are from a district that has a high local lice prevalence